Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm Back

I know I haven't posted in a week or so, but I figured no one really reads this so... Anyways, we got an Excellent at State Assessment a couple weeks ago, since then we've been looking at music for the spring pops concert in May. This concert has always been my favorite since it's more relaxed, and because we're familiar with most of the music. In past years we've played things such as Hallelujah, which by the was the senior song which I'll get to later,Led Zeppelin, in which a senior saxophone had the best time of his life, and Star Trek, where we played around with the stage lights.  The senior song is usually the slowest piece we have at the spring concert, and throughout the piece we have the seniors stand one by one. 

This year we're playing Frozen, At A Dixieland Funeral, Stormchaser, Grand Serenade for an Awful lot of Winds and Percussion, Groove Music, and an undetermined piece which will likely be either The Incredibles or Reverberations. When us seniors were little 8th graders, we were supposed to play Reverberations with the high school band, but we couldn't handle it. It seems like we're gonna have a fun concert; the jazz band I think is playing Walk That Dinosaur, so it'll be fun.

Drum major tryouts are coming up, and one of the sophomores auditioning used to be one of the shyest people in the band. I remember when we met at auditions and we discovered we have the same name, and thus the friendship began. She's one of our best clarinet players now, and a great leader. Tryouts this year are gonna be tough though. The show music was announced today, and a potential show theme to go with it. The music is on inspiremusic.com and called Immortal. The show online is a vampire show, but we'll probably change it to be based off of Dorian Grey. It's so sad I won't be marching in it since I'm graduating, but I'm glad in a way that I'm leaving. I kind of burned out last year, and there's been a lot of tension between another girl in the section and I. The show has a flute solo in it, so the two of us probably would've killed each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment