Wednesday, April 23, 2014

College Visits and Spring Break

It's now the middle of the strangest spring break I've ever had. Spring break likely started Friday with it being club day at school. I managed to attended 2 clubs, Bible Club and FCCLA. I usually don't go to them because of the classes I'm taking, but we weren't doing much since it was the last day before break. I was very thankful for FCCLA meeting during my last class, band. We have a strange schedule with the band classes where juniors and seniors have band everyday, but the freshman and sophomores alternate band days and gym days. Were playing a piece requiring 2 piccolos, and I play second. The first piccolo is a sophomore. Friday just happened to be his gym day and also happened to be a day the band director wanted to play the piece. I'd usually stick through it, except there are 2 piccolo duets in which we stand out a lot. Solos aren't exactly my thing, and I almost always mess them up even after practicing. So you can imagine how nervous I was feeling even after such a great day. Halfway through the class we had almost reached the first duet, and the office announced that all club members were to be released for club. Friday worked out well for me, I managed to play the beginning of the piece very well on piccolo, AP bio was pretty much a movie day, we talked controversies in government, and we had a food day in english ending with Bible club and a great speaker.

Monday was the only day I got to myself, so I of course spent it sitting around watching movies. Yesterday was the interesting day where mom and I went to the local community college to talk to advisers, went to lunch downtown, went to the dentist, got smoothies, and got haircuts. The dentist was better than expected at first when they gave me a graduation card with a $20 gift card to Barnes and Noble. They also didn't mention flossing at all. But there was a catch to the kindness; I have to get my wisdom teeth out, all 4. I doubt it'll happen soon because of school, graduation, the AP exam, and trips, but I'm still not looking forward to it.

Today is almost to myself, but dad is home working around the house. I might ask a friend to meet me at the Burgers, Shakes, and Cream for ice cream, but apparently it's a but windy and cold out. I'm trying to relax before tomorrow when we'll be visiting Virginia Tech. I have another appointment with an adviser at the community college tomorrow morning, but then we'll be driving to VT for another appointment with an adviser. Friday will be another free day with dad home. Now excuse me to my scheduled tv shows and relaxation while I avoid AP assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment